Monday, July 29, 2013

I love Weebly!!

For the produsage 2 assignment I debated which tools to use.  Then I came across Weebly.com.  This has been the easiest and most enjoyable tool I've experimented with this semester.

They have a minute long video to get you started and a step-by-step site planner that guides you along the way (which I used extensively!).  You can follow along the guide or they also have a support center where you can click on the specific issue you are having form a pre-existing category. If that isn't enough, you can submit a question to their help department.

The layout makes it very simple to customize, add pictures, video, slideshows, polls, surveys, you name it!!! You have the option to add pages to the menu bar at the top (or wherever you choose to put it) to categorize your content.  You can basically create as many pages as you'd like, show them or hide them, and they even have the option of sub-pages (for the content you think is less important).

And that is all for FREE!! Imagine that! Furthermore, they have more help options if you chose to upgrade, get your own domain, and include ads.

Not enough?? They also offer LIVE TRAINING!!! Have I mentioned I love Weebly.com??!!!

I loved the outcome of my Produsage 2 assignemnt and I envision I will be using Weebly.com for lots more to come!!

4 comments:

  1. I loved it too (used it for part of my prod usage 2 as well) but for some reason towards the end of the assignment being due, my fourm I created disapeared and I wasn't able to create a new forum on a page, it just wouldn't show up :( I never figured it out so I out sourced a forum. But otherwise it was really fun creating a weebly site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to try this one, thanks, and tutorials to boot? (o: I'm game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's weird Loreli, I had zero issues with it, I'm sure you could have asked their help department. I would have had to since I don't know how to create a forum elsewhere lol and Runninglad, you should definitely look into it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this info on weebly, because I've heard about it from our graphic artist who helps our faculty develop their web sites. I am definitely going to check it out, because I am thinking about using it to create my portfolio.
    Enjoy your summer break!
    Your EME6414 Imaginary Friend (yeah, admit. . .you know I am...jk!!),
    Julie

    ReplyDelete