Saturday, July 6, 2013

Produsage

How might the concept of produsage be applied in your life (personal and/or professional) as it stands today? Are you already a produser? If yes, what do you do? If no, why not?

After reading Dr. Axel Bruns's article I have a better understanding of the many variables that make up the term (and action) of produsage.  I understand this term to entail online content created by users in a collaborative manner, distributed by various different participants, and never completely finished products.

The term may be applied to my life in the following ways: I act as an amateur citizen journalist whenever I forward/share news and political stories from different pages I follow.  I particularly prefer to share articles the mainstream news media doesn't cover, political mobilization articles, and anything relating to protecting the environment (including unprocessed, non-GMO, all natural foods).  

I don't know if I can fully consider myself a produser just yet.  I contribute to the cycle of others' produsage but I've yet to create my own content, unless of course one considers this blog. Lack of knowledge has been the main reason as to why I've yet to be a produser, however, this class has already sent me on my way!

In the near future....once I've graduated and have more time for hobbies, I would love to start a blog about my personal interests, probably one about healthy eating, all-natural products, and ways to 'go-green'.

No comments:

Post a Comment