There is a webpage that I'm using as a refresher of what I've learned in previous courses.
The link is http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/Objectives/
Reminded me that according to Benjamin Bloom, and his colleagues, there are six levels of cognition:
- Knowledge: rote memorization, recognition, or recall of facts
- Comprehension: understanding what the facts mean
- Application: correct use of the facts, rules, or ideas
- Analysis: breaking down information into component parts
- Synthesis: combination of facts, ideas, or information to make a new whole
- Evaluation: judging or forming an opinion about the information or situation
I like bloom's taxonomy because it helps the instructor to pose higher-order thinking questions that facilitates critical thinking. This helps me while creating my lesson plan for the produsage in terms of what to expect the students to do. I don't want them to simply create a blog recalling terms pertinent to a topic. I want them to be able to correctly apply terms and information learned, and to also be able to evaluate the information others have applied.
No comments:
Post a Comment