Saturday, July 6, 2013

Late initial post....must.work.on.my.blogging.skills!

Whoa, this week has flown by for me! I expected to post my initial blog post by Wednesday, but I just can't seem to get my footing right.  I must admit that I'm totally still intimidated by this class and it predisposes me to avoid the course all together.  I've been walking around with the book, reading, highlighting, but I just don't get to the computer to blog away.  I actually sat, by myself, for 4 hours on the beach this 4th of July and read away.....yet again I didn't make it to the computer.  Why brain?!!! Why?!
Things to work on to get on track: a) Start tweeter account and get on board with the rest of the class. b) Figure our RSS feeds for my blog. c)Figure out how to blog from my mobile phone.

8 comments:

  1. I would recommend to you that for the next week you invert the experience ... Computer first, readings second. You have read it, now live it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ... And what kind of phone do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have recently updated to the Glaxy S3.

      I started a tweeter account but I don't know how to follow the class. I also joined Diigo and the class's wiki, but again, I'm pretty clueless how to follow without going to each website individually.

      Delete
    2. And thank you for the recommendation by the way! It makes much sense to do computer first, reading second or as a reference when needed :)

      Delete
    3. I have no idea about what apps might be best for your phone, but would recommend asking Shuang or Amit. I think they could help with a Galaxy.

      The wiki doesn't easily go into a feed like the others, but basically you're looking for some sort of feed aggregator. I'm using hootsuite to follow Twitter and feedly to follow all of the blogs.

      Delete
  3. Magali, I think my problem is I have tackled the readings first as well. I am going to give Dr. Dennen's approach a try and do the computer work first; hopefully next week will go much more smoothly and I will feel more caught up! I appreciate your blog and comments... Barbara :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh! (of relief!) I will definitely try that approach!
    I also think that getting notifications to my phone will enable me to do some quick posts on the spot as well as remain totally active while I'm not 'attending' class. In the past I've set school time aside where I sit down to tackle the work. This class will require a total different approach but as much as I try to reject it, deep down inside I'm already enjoying my involvement with these web 2.0 tools. I wonder what that's called, the fear of using internet tools due to lack of knowledge. That's what I feel, like an apprehension to use new tools. I will get through it, I already know it. I will learn and it's going to be great!! Good luck to you too Barbara! Feel free to email me or contact me through ANY of the various mediums in the class :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magali,

    Feedly is the top Android app for all the feeds. Alternatively, you could use the same email account for all the blogs, wikis, diigo group etc. and enable alerts on these sites. You can sync the email account to your Galaxy S3 and not miss any Web 2.0 action!!

    Hope this helps!!! :-)

    Let me know if you have any further queries.

    p.s I had replied to your tweet too regarding the same :-)

    ReplyDelete