Issue #1- how do I add the feed section on the side of the blog?
I've added multiple blogs to my 'follow' list but these don't appear anywhere. I've also tried messing with the settings, template, and such, but I was unsuccessful.
Issue #2- Feedly and HootSuite.....ugh!
Feedly-- how do I add twitter to it? Do I have to add each and every single page I want to follow single-handedly??? So if I want to follow my classmates, I will have to add 20+ urls??? That is ludicrous!!!
HootSuite-- This one took me a while, but I may be getting the hang of it. I can create tabs for different media--so for example blogger can have its own tab. However again, how do I get all my classmate's blogs in one spot without having to enter each one by hand????
Issue #3-- Basically my head is spinning from having to follow/participate in the following:
- class blog
- classmate's blogs
- class wiki
- class diigo
- class twitter
- both communities of practice for the paper
- class discussion board
- remember to post on my own blog
I really need a one-stop-shop for all of these! Please help!
Ok, let's work to unfrustrate you.
ReplyDeleteYou can't follow all of these things in one tool, but the good news is that you don't have to follow them all either,
Bb: I recommend subscribing to the forum each week -- shows up in your email -- or not at all.
Feedly -- yeah, they have to be added one by one but if you just used the links in the sidebar of my blog you could have it all done in 15 min or less. Really. And you don't have to use it, either.
You don't have to do the wiki or diigo.
If you want to keep things really simple, just visit my blog and from there check the twitter feed and links to other blogs via my sidebar.
If you email me and Shuang directly, we can get you set up in whatever way you like. Amit is good with this stuff and always willing to help.
It will all be ok. :)
Please download the Blackboard app for Android
Deletehttp://its.fsu.edu/Web-Services/Bb-Mobile-Learn
Subscribe to the discussion threads. You can also click on the "Course Blog" link in the Bb app for blog updates.
Alternatively, you could create or update your email account and subscribe to all the wikis, blogs, diigo. Sync the email to your mobile to stay updated!
Oh, and use the weekly checklists to keep track of everything you need to do each week. It will help ensure you don't forget things. They're posted under syllabus in Blackboard.
ReplyDeleteAAhhhh!!! Thanks again and again to you both!! I downloaded Bb to my phone, which helps me have it at hand whenever needed, as well as Blogger! I will follow the course's blog to check out everything else in order to remain calm and keep my head above the water with everything else I need to be working on. I feel better today, I think in my head I want to be able to do it all and that's why I get frustrated. Baby steps will help me learn better!
ReplyDeleteI think Dr. Dennen had a great analogy during the first webinar that has stuck with me and helped me throughout this process. View all of the possible participation tasks as a buffet. It is physically possible to try and eat everything on the buffet table right? But you wouldn't do that. Instead, you would pick and choose the foods that appealed to you. I have used Digg to help put all of the classmates blogs (and other interesting blogs I have found these couple weeks) in one place. It lists all of the blogs by subject, and you can click on the blog and read it when you find a subject line you like. If you choose to comment you just click on the blog and it takes you directly to that blogs page. This has helped me tremendously! Although, you do have to put the blogs in one by one (But I used the list of blogs on the side of our classes blog, and it only took a few minutes). Hope this helps! I felt really overwhelmed at first, but after you get the hang of it you'll be a pro! Also, use the checklist! It helps me a bunch!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, thanks Loreli!! I will check out Digg too....with no pressure lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm with everyone on this. You don't need to be frustrated. I feel lost at times but keep trucking, that's the most important! I have favorite the main pages and just check them when I get online every day to try to comment a couple times a day or at least read a few a day - keeps you on track.
ReplyDeleteIt took me almost 30 minutes to get Twitter on my side panel on my blog - so don't worry, you aren't alone. But keep asking the good questions and you'll be good!